The Hives - Lex Hives


In my iTunes library I had two Hives songs - Hate to Say I Told You So and Tick Tick Boom. Let's be honest: they're by far their best. Some people seemed to relish the prospect of a return from the Swedish garage (really?) rockers. I never did. Why am I writing this then? Indeed.

From the opening chants of "Come On!" (that somehow makes Gary Glitter's Rock & Roll seem charming and melodic) to the shouty reverie of 'Midnight Shifter' you essentially have 12 ceaseless choruses. You don't need me to tell you this.

They're the 21st century Status Quo. Dependable to churn out the same repetitive, nauseating, arse-clenching, bile-spewing predictable shit. Enough, now.

Rating: 1/10
Highlights: none, really.
Avoid: Come On! Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible mess.

Artwork Watch:If I'm honest I highly doubt that their silhouettes resemble the latin alphabet.
Up next: Regina Spektor  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues, a review

Lady GaGa - ARTPOP

Icona Pop - Icona Pop