On the plus side...

There have been signs of progress.

- One - I'm applying to University. Plus side of this? I'll actually be doing something, living the Uni life, semi-independent, doing only subjects I enjoy, meeting new people, etc. The application stage is really quite worrying, particularly defining myself in the 'personal statement'. It's difficult to write about yourself when you do virtually nothing in an extracurricular sense, so I've thrown in what I perceive to be mundane things, but others assure me are good, such as the fact I tutor my brother in French and German, and I blog (yes, albeit sparingly...here anyway (that's my excuse)).
- Two - Musically, I'm much more conscientous of listening to albums now. I remember when I started writing reviews back in 2006, I would write about singles and include rather silly things like rumours, release dates and the such, rather than artistic values, the music itself... So the more I listen to, the more I'm inclined to find about, the more I read, the more I write. It can only be a good cycle.
- Three - I'm totally exploiting the dark side of the Internet for all that it's worth now. I always had an apprehension about watching movie streams, downloading albums; fear of THE MAN. But balls to that. If I'm caught, what am I going to pay them with? Forgiveness? Pah
- Four - it's Christmas soon. YIPPEEEEEEEEE [/inner child]

I could write more little things that make me happy, but maybe being sad is the key to writing. I don't want to waste that opportunity. Sob.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues, a review

Lady GaGa - ARTPOP

Icona Pop - Icona Pop